Institutional Research Resources
These are links to the most common internet resources for Institutional Research:
- Association of Institutional Research (AIR), a national professional organization that supports members in their efforts to continuously improve the practice of institutional research for postsecondary planning, management and operations and to further develop and promote the institutional research profession.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics.
- Carroll County Government, learn more about the county, and the services provided for its citizens by community and governmental organizations.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education System (IPEDS), established as the core postsecondary education data collection program for NCES, IPEDS is a single, comprehensive system designed to encompass all institutions and educational organizations whose primary purpose is to provide postsecondary education.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), located within the U.S. Department of Education and the Institute of Education Sciences, is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.
- Maryland Association of Institutional Research (MdAIR), provides information on the happenings within MdAIR, including but not limited to meetings, conferences, and other association activities.
- Maryland Association of Community Colleges (MACC), association developed to execute a strategic direction for Maryland's community colleges and advocates on behalf of the community college segment.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC), State of Maryland's higher education coordinating board responsible for establishing statewide policies for Maryland public and private colleges and universities and for-profit career schools.
- Maryland State Data Center (SDC), the SDC monitors development trends, analyzes social, economic and other characteristics and prepares population, housing, employment, labor force, and income projections, which provide the baseline for planning growth and development in the State of Maryland.
- Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), online source for information on Maryland's preK-12 public education, public libraries, and rehabilitation services.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), accrediting agency recognized as a leader in promoting and ensuring quality assurance and improvement in higher education.
- Northeast Association of Institutional Research (NEAIR), regional membership organization for institutional researchers in the northeastern U.S. and the eastern provinces of Canada.
This glossary courtesy of U.S. Department of Education. Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.