Blackboard Faculty Manual - Copying a Course
Copying a Course or Part of a Course
Please check out more information on using Carroll's Blackboard by clicking into the Faculty Bb Resource tab after you login to Bb.
Enables instructors to copy content from one existing course to another.
- Login to the course from which you want to copy (This is the originating course.)
- In control panel locate course options; then click on course copy
- Click on "Copy course materials into an existing course"
- Click on "Browse" in the Select a Course area
- Click "search" and you will be presented with courses in which you have instructor or course builder privileges
- Click on "Select" located to the far right of the course in which you want to copy materials
- Select the areas you wish to copy from the list.
- Collaboration sessions
- Discussion board
- Early Warning System Rules
- Grade Center Columns and Settings (select if items are linked to the Grade Center)
- Group settings
- Settings (select if you want the button type/color copied)
- Staff information
- Tests, Surveys, and Pools
Submit. You will receive a message that the copy has been “queued”. You will receive an email when the copy has been completed.
If copying Bb assignments or graded discussion forums you must also select the Grade Center.
If copying Bb tests from a content area, you must also select the Grade Center and Tests/Pools.