The college provides several measures to prevent emergencies from occurring.
- Safety tips
- Security escorts services to vehicles
- Personal panic alarm devices
- Theft prevention
- Security cameras
Keep yourself and your property safe by practicing these safety tips.
- Use the buddy systems and walk with a friend to your car, or contact a Security Officer to escort you to your car.
- Have your key ready as you walk to your car.
- Look around, under and inside your car before you unlock it.
- After entering, lock doors immediately.
- Never open your door to strangers.
- Do not hitchhike or pick-up hitchhikers.
- Be aware of the people around you.
- Lock valuables in your trunk.
- Use a security stick to lock the steering wheel of your car. (i.e. the Club).
Security Officers are on campus whenever the college is open. You may request a security escort to your vehicle by contacting the Information Center or by asking a security officer directly.
Panic button devices are available to faculty, staff, students and patrons of the college based on individual security needs. Signals from the panic buttons are received in house and Westminster Security, the alarm center. The college's Security Officers will respond to the location of the signal and contact law enforcement authorities.
This system is active in all of the college buildings but not the exterior areas of the campus. These panic buttons are not a direct link to police.
Contact the Security or Information Desk for more information.
We advise you not leave valuable articles unattended. Keep important possessions with you and within sight at all times. Keep your car doors locked and your valuables out of sight or stored in the trunk of your vehicle.
If a theft occurs, notify a campus Security Officer by calling x8123 or 410-386-8123 as soon as possible.
The college has security cameras strategically located inside and outside of the buildings, which can be monitored remotely.