PTA Program - Full Admission Requirements
After being selected for admission into the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program, you must satisfy the following requirements prior to Aug. 15 of the year you are scheduled to enter the program. Paperwork to document these requirements is provided once you have been accepted into the program. Failure to meet these requirements may result in your admission being denied.
- Completed examination form by a health care provider verifying evidence of good health
- Laboratory evidence (titer) of immunity for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella
- Updated tetanus immunization and diptheria
- Proof of Hepatitis B series completion or signed waiver
- Evidence of non-active TB - updated annually
- Proof of current enrollment in hospitalization insurance plan
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate for American Heart Association's Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Completion of a background check and drug screening; students must pay for both
- Completion of online modules on HIPPA, fire safety, universal precautions, etc.
- Successful completion of the program's online medical terminology review
- Official transcripts documenting completion of required coursework
- If applicable, completion of a drug test prior to starting clinicals - you must fulfill the requirement if your clinical affiliation facility requires this and pay for the test
- Reliable transportation to all clinical affiliation facilities and required off-campus activities