Course Abstract Details
MUSIC-265, Advanced Music-Applied 6
Credits: Credits vary. See course description for details.
MUSIC-265, Advanced Applied Music 6, provides private lessons for students planning to pursue studies in vocal or instrumental music. Each enrolled student takes a half-hour or hour lesson per week. Music majors are expected to take four terms of applied music. Prerequisite: exemption/completion of ASE reading.
Additional $75.00 fee for "01" sections, which are two credits and two billable hours. Additional $150 fee for "02" sections, which are four credits and four billable hours.
Course Objectives and Grading Information
1. Develop vocal or instrument technique. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
2. Develop pitch accuracy. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
3. Develop musical expression. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
4. Exposure to new music literature. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
5. Exposure to new musical techniques. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
6. Establish long-term musical goals. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
7. Develop rhythmic accuracy (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
8. Develop solo vocal or instrumental performance skills. (GE 5, GE 7, PG 1)
The abbreviations in parentheses represent Learning Goals which have been identified for this course and program of study: