War Out of Words
Transform communication by:
Taking the War Out of Our Words (AHE-238-A2)
Presented by Sharon Strand Ellison
Saturday, Nov. 10
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
$75, MD senior adults $55, students $25 (includes lunch)
Register online today or call 410-386-8100.
Learn and practice:
- The physiology of defensiveness and its impact.
- Recognizing six typical defensive modes people use daily.
- Principles of non-defensive communication.
- How to apply eight formats for powerful listening and speaking even when others do not "cooperate.”
- A new way of listening and speaking to increase self-esteem, confidence and clarity that prompts others to be respectful and reciprocal
Sharon Strand Ellison, M.S., is an internationally recognized communication consultant, award-winning speaker and author of "Taking the War Out of Our Words: The Art of Non-Defensive Communication." She is a pioneer in the development of methods for eliminating defensiveness. Learn more about Ellison and The Institute for Powerful Non-Defensive Communication.
Approved by the State of Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for Licensed Counselors for six contact continuing education hours, pastors pending.
Offered in partnership with the Westminster Church of the Brethren.