Parenting Matters: Raising Successful Children
Explore techniques for managing the behavior of young children, helping them with homework, practicing Internet safety including MySpace, and more at this free conference.
Choose to attend any three workshops from the following:
- What to do when your child is sick - offered in English and Spanish
- Understanding your teenager - offered in English and Spanish
- Navigating the public school system - offered in English and Spanish
- What quality childcare looks like - offered in English and Spanish
- MySpace and beyond - Internet safety for parents
- Managing behavior of young and school age children
- Learning starts at home
- Introduction to Special Education
- Helping children with their homework
- Growing a reader
Bring your child (age 3-12) for the Trash to Treasures program, which focuses on recycling.
Saturday, Nov. 1
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Washington Road Campus
Free (bag lunch included)
Register now - Registration deadline is Wednesday, Oct. 29
Provided in partnership with the Maryland State Parental Information Resource Center.