New Student Orientation
All new students are expected to attend the New Student Orientation, so they know what is needed to become a successful college student. The orientation provides opportunities for:
- Meeting college faculty, staff and other students.
- Getting questions answered.
- Learning how to balance responsibilities of home, work and college (how many hours per week are actually required outside of the classroom).
- Discovering student involvement opportunities including the Student Government Organization, club involvement, Service-Learning, leadership programs, student ambassador opportunities and intramural sports.
- Taking care of last minutes business.
- Touring the college and finding classrooms.
- And leaving with lots of free resources and giveaways!
Fall 2013 New Student Orientation
New students who start in the summer or fall 2013 terms, including students transferring in from another college, should attend one of the following orientation sessions:
- Tuesday, Aug. 20
Check in: 5:30 - 5:45p.m.
Program: 6 - 8:30p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22
Check in: 1:30 - 1:45 p.m.
Program: 2 - 4:30p.m.
Reservations are not required but attendance and participation are expected! Students who do not attend will miss important information.
Parents and family members are welcome to attend. The orientation includes a special session just for them, which includes information on supporting their college student.
The Bookstore is available before and after the orientation sessions. Students should leave ample time to purchase books prior to or after the event. If purchasing them immediately prior to the event, we recommend students make sure they have a place to store them; books can be very heavy and cumbersome to carry during the event. Plus, we provide a lot of extra things to carry during the program!
Fall 2013 classes begin on Monday, Aug. 26.