Library - Requesting a Book
To request books owned by the Library, follow the steps below:
- Access the Books & Media Catalog from the Library homepage.
- Search for books by the appropriate method (i.e. author, title, subject keyword searches, etc.)
- Once the book's record is on the screen, note the Availability.
- Reserved materials, reference books, instructional audiovisual materials, and periodicals do not circulate. For other materials contact the Library with the title, author, and call number. The book will be pulled from the shelf and placed on hold at the circulation desk for one week.
- If the book is "Checked Out," click "Place Request" to place a request. You will need a college I.D. barcode number and a PIN to place a request.
- Circulating materials at CCPL and McDaniel College's Hoover Library may also be placed on hold electronically and requested to be sent to the Carroll Community College Library, Hoover, or a CCPL branch for pickup.