Library - Citing and Evaluating Sources
Carroll Community College Library provides assistance with documentation.
- MLA documentation brochure and samples
- APA documentation brochure and sample papers
- Documentation questions? - Call 410-386-8340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citing sources and plagiarism FAQ
To view or print the following PDF files, download the free Adobe Reader software. Computers on campus do not need this download.
- Citing Print Sources (1.22 Mb PDF)
Includes books, periodicals, interviews, videos, etc.
- Citing Electronic Sources (44 Kb PDF)
Web pages, e-mail messages, etc.
- View sample paper written in MLA style
- Citing Print Sources (450 Kb PDF)
Includes books, periodicals, personal communication, videos, etc.
- Citing Electronic Sources (50 Kb PDF)
- View sample paper written in APA style
Choosing quality sources is an important part of research. Use the links below to help you decide whether or not a source is reputable and provides accurate information that you can rely on for your project. Remember that your final product will only be as good as the sources you use. Choose carefully!
- Evaluating Information Sources (35 Kb PDF)
- They're Not All Magazines. Understanding the difference between journals and magazines. (50 Kb PDF)