- Earth Trends - from World Resources Institute, excellent source of data on country, issue, ecosystem, population, energy, and agriculture.
- Environmental Protection Agency - link to U.S government agency
- Envirolink - a comprehensive resource for individuals, organizations, and businesses working for environmental change. Many useful links.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy - examines prices and trends in energy, statistics, and FAQs.
- Environmental Defense - a gateway site by a watchdog organization to information on environmental hot topics.
- Environmental News Network - online newspaper with news stories, in-depth accounts, press releases.
- Environmental Organization Web Directory - commercial site with enormous catalog of links to wide variety of organizations, services, agencies, products...
- Biodiversity Hotspots - Earth's biologically richest and most endangered ecoregions, sponsored by Conservation International.
- Low Impact Living - Comprehensive source of environmental service providers and tips for reducing your environmental impact. Includes impact calculator.
- Maryland Department of the Environment
- Maryland Atlas of Greenways, Water Trails, and Green Infrastructure: Carroll County
- Eyes on the Bay - Maryland DNR water quality data from continuous monitoring stations.
- Chesapeake Bay Trust - promotes public awareness and participation in the protection and restoration of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries.
- CCAN - Chesapeake Climate Action Network
- National Council for Science and the Environment - Congressional Research Service - Reports on the Environment
- National Academies: Environmental Issues - Advisers to the Nation on Science, Engineering and Medicine.
- National Resources Defense Council - an environmental action organization with tips, information, and articles from OnEarth magazine.
- Ozone Resource Page - NASA studies ozone to better understand its relation to air quality and climate.
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change - access to many reports on various issues.
- Reduce.org - Tips on cutting waste.
- Resources for Earth Science and Geography - environmental science links created Central Michigan University professor. Categories are: population, air quality, hazardous wastes, endangered species, energy, water resources, land use, water pollution and more.
- Science.gov - From FirstGov, a collection of 30 databases from 12 Federal science agencies.
- Skin Deep - Rates the health and environmental hazards of 30,000 personal care products.
- Take Action - A Global Warming citizen's action page with links to take action.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Where You Live - discover environmental facts about Carroll County. Information on pollution, superfund sites, watersheds, environmental violations, air quality, ozone, daily ultraviolet index forecasts, toxic chemicals, etc.
- World Resource Institute: Earth Trends - an online collection of information regarding the environmental, social, and economic trends that shape our world.
- Worldwatch Institute - research group providing information on environmental and other trends. Their goal is "an environmentally and socially just society.
- Yahoo's Environment Subject Category
Library electronic resources:
- Online book & media catalog
- Periodical Databases
- Documenting sources
updated 2008 , compiled by Chris Karman