Advanced Placement Examination Program

The college participates in the Advanced Placement Examination Program, commonly known as AP, which is administered by the College Entrance Examination Board and is coordinated through the high schools.

To earn college credit for AP coursework, you must receive a qualifying score on the AP exam and submit official AP score reports from the College Board. Visit College Board for more information.

Review the chart below for information regarding AP course equivalencies. Minimum scores are needed to receive college credit.


 AP Exam Title  Minimum
 Carroll Course  Carroll Credits
 Art History  3  ART-135
 Biology  4 - 5   BIOL-101
 Chemistry  4 - 5  CHEM-105
 Economics  3  ECON-101
 English Language  4 - 5  ENGL-101  3
 English Literature  4 - 5  ENGL-102   3
 Environmental Science  4 - 5  ENV-100  4
 French  3  FREN-101
 History, World  3  HIST-101  3
 History, European  3  HIST-102  3
 History, American  3  HIST-105
 Statistics  3  MATH-115  4
 Calculus, Form AB  4 - 5  MATH-135  4
 Calculus, Form BC  4 - 5  MATH-135  4
 Calculus, Form BC  4 - 5  MATH-135
 Government and
 3  POLS-101  3
 Physics - B  4 - 5  PHYS-101
 Psychology  3  PSYC-101  3
 Spanish  3  SPAN-101


If Carroll does not recognize AP/College Board subjects, the Records Office will facilitate faculty evaluation. Contact Records at 410-386-8440 for assistance. Review the Credit for Prior Learning policy for additional information.

When transferring to a four year institution, AP credits are evaluated based on the scores that the transfer institution accepts. Official scores need to be forwarded to the transfer institution directly from College Board at that time.

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help