Johns Hopkins Radiography Program
You are required to take the following academic prerequisites (Carroll designators), and must complete the college coursework with a grade of "C" or better in each course. The combined grade point average of all prerequisite coursework must average 2.5 or higher. Admission is competitive and acceptance is not guaranteed. The program runs for 18 months beginning in June.
$6,000 for entire program
- BIOL-210 Human Anatomy and Physiology 1
- BIOL-211 Human Anatomy and Physiology 2
- MATH-128 College Algebra - or higher-level mathematics
- CIS-101 Introduction to Computers and Computing
At the time of the admission interview, you are required to successfully complete a computer competency test of basic word processing skills and an internet search for information.
- Complete one of the following courses: SPCH-101 Fundamentals of Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communications or English Composition
Your application must include the following:
- Two recommendations from a college science or math instructor and your present employer. These are to be completed on the forms provided on Johns Hopkins' Web site with the application.
- Documentation of a minimum of four hours of shadowing in a hospital setting. These four hours must be completed in the diagnostic (X-ray) radiology department. Document your completion of these hours on the Shadow Day form attached to the application.
- A statement of intent, no longer than one page, stating why you are choosing a career in health care and outlining specific career goals in medical imaging.
- You are strongly encouraged to obtain volunteer and/or employment experience in a clinical health related setting.
- Non-refundable application fee payment of $25.