Transferring Credits to Carroll

The following information will help you transfer to Carroll.

Carroll County Public Schools' Articulation Agreements

If you have completed a Career Connections program (vocational program at Carroll County Public Schools) for Accounting/Financial Services, Administrative Assistant/Secretarial Science, Early Childhood Education, Teacher Academy of Maryland, Computer Technology, Drafting, or Print Production, you may receive credit at Carroll. Speak with the guidance counselors at your high school or Career and Tech Center to obtain a proof of completion and articulation form. High school grade and attendance restrictions apply. Students must invoke the Articulation Agreement within two years of completion. View the college catalog  for specific course articulation information.

Advanced Placement Credit

Call The College Board at 609-771-7300 or 888-225-5427 or send an e-mail to for information about forwarding your official AP (Advanced Placement) scores to Carroll. Review the college policy, Credit for Prior Learning, for additional information and established course equivalencies. If Carroll does not recognize AP/College Board subjects, the Records Office will facilitate faculty evaluation. Please contact Records, 410-386-8440, for assistance.

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Carroll awards credits for CLEP exam performance. Review the college policy, Credit for Prior Learning, for testing course equivalents. Contact The College Board to have official CLEP scores forwarded to Carroll at 800-257-9558 or visit the The College Board  Web site to download a request form. While Carroll is not a CLEP test site, CLEP credits are accepted.

Credit by Exam

To earn credit via Carroll's Credit by Exam program, please meet with the appropriate faculty chair, and refer to college catalog  for established Credit by Exam courses. Speak with faculty chairs for questions about additional test equivalencies. Note that 1/2 of the tuition of a course (not refundable) is required prior to a testing attempt. Credit awarded in this fashion is not usually accepted by other colleges in transfer. CLEP is a better option if you intend to transfer.

Credits from Other Colleges and Universities

Forward official college/university transcripts to the Records Office for evaluation. Contact your former institution to inquire about their request procedure and charges. Transcripts must be opened by Carroll staff to be considered official. Only credits applicable to a Carroll program of study are posted on the Carroll transcript and only after all official college transcripts are received. If we have never accepted the course before, you will be asked to supply your course syllabus so that faculty chairs can evaluate your course for equivalence with a Carroll course.

 Send your Carroll transcript to other institutions.

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help