Financial Aid - Applying for Federal Loans

If you need financial aid to attend Carroll and are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASA). The FAFSA allows you to apply for federal, state and need-based Carroll financial aid.

Key Details

  • Include Carroll's Federal School Code: 031007. Adding the school code will allow Carroll to received your FAFSA information.
  • Complete the application for the year you plan to attend college.
  • Keep a copy of your FAFSA application. 

You must complete entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) online if you are borrowing a Federal Direct Stafford Loan at Carroll for the first time.

Once you have filed the FAFSA, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Letter notifying you of any grant and scholarship money that you are eligible to receive. The award letter also notifies you of your Stafford Loan eligibility.

Once you have reviewed and accepted your financial aid award, you may apply for the loan online.

If you are a returning borrower, you will have your accepted Stafford Loan amount processed under their existing loan application (MPN) by Financial Aid.

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help