Financial Aid - Federal Financial Aid Programs

Carroll students may potentially access four federal student financial aid programs. To be eligible, a student must:

  • be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
  • have a high school diploma or its equivalent
  • be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program of study, and
  • and be a degree or certificate candidate.  

Students need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for to apply for any of these programs. Renewal application materials are required each year for all programs. 


Direct Loans

The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program allows students and parents to borrow funds at low interest rates to pay for education expenses. The U.S.. Department of Education lends the money directly to eligible students and parents through the student’s school.


The Federal Pell Grant Program (PELL)

This free federal grant program provides funds to eligible full- and part-time undergraduate students. 


The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program (SEO)

This free federal grant program provides assistance to undergraduate students enrolled in at least three billable hours, are federal PELL grant recipients, and who demonstrate exceptional financial need.

Grants may range from $100 to $4,000 per year (dependent on funding). Priority is given to PELL recipients. 


The Federal Work-Study Program (FW)

This program provides jobs for students who have financial need and who must earn a part of their educational expenses. 

Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help