Placement Testing for Transfer Students

If you have taken college courses and have earned college credit, an advisor can determine if testing is required by reviewing a copy of your college transcript(s). An advisor will evaluate any course(s) you have taken at other institutions for their compatibility with Carroll's curriculum.

Request your official transcripts be sent from your previous institutions to Carroll's Records Office so that your courses may be officially evaluated and included on your Carroll transcript (if appropriate). You will receive an e-mail from the transcript evaluator when the evaluation is complete. If your course is very old or from an institution with whom Carroll is not familiar, you will be required to provide a syllabus of the course for faculty chairs to review. Please contact your previous institution for assistance.

For more details, review the college policy on Credit for Prior Learning.
To contact an advisor, call 410-386-8435 or send an e-mail to


Bookmark, Share, or Email this page Get Help