Carroll's transfer programs are designed to fulfill requirements of most colleges and universities. It is important to select your courses carefully and align choices with the program at the receiving institution.
ARTSYS, the articulation system of the University System of Maryland, facilitates transferring by providing course equivalencies and Recommended Transfer Programs (RTPs) at Maryland colleges and universities.
In addition to those agreements, which comprise most majors, Carroll maintains some special agreements with the following colleges and universities:
Allied Health Agreements
Drexel University Online
Excelsior College Online
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School
Penn State Harrisburg
University of Baltimore
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Baltimore County
University of Maryland University College
West Liberty University
Carroll has joined Frederick and Howard Community Colleges in an innovative program to enhance access to allied health programs. The Mid-Maryland Allied Healthcare Education Consortium allows you to enter selected programs at any of the three colleges.
- Carroll Arts and Sciences to Assumption College Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies (B.A.)
- Carroll A.A. Psychology to Assumption College Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies (B.A.)
- Carroll A.A. Sociology to Assumption College Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies (B.A.)
Carroll RN graduates are offered a discounted tuition rate with acceptance to this B.S.N. program. All course work is completed online. Students must have a 2.5 GPA and completed A.S. degree requirements with a C or better to qualify.
Excelsior offers many online programs, including RN-to-BSN, Business, Cybersecurity, Healthcare Management and Criminal Justice. Students can transfer up to 116 credits from accredited institutions. As a partner school, Carroll's graduates receive discounted tuition. See our partner page for details.
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School will accept its last undergraduate students in Fall 2016. The school is no longer offering guaranteed admissions for community college students with a 3.5 GPA, but students who do have a 3.5 or higher GPA are encouraged to apply.
- Carroll A.A. Aging Studies to Penn State Harrisburg B.S. Human Development and Family Studies
- Transfer Guides for Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Dual Admission Program - discounted tuition, waived application fee, advising from both institutions for seamless transfer. You must apply before earning 30 college credits. See an adviser to apply.
- Carroll Arts and Sciences to Stevenson University B.S. Chemistry/M.S. Forensic Science
- Carroll Arts and Sciences to Stevenson University B.S. Nursing
- Carroll A.A. Forensic Studies to Towson University B.S. Forensic Chemistry
- Carroll A.A. Aging Studies to Towson University B.A./B.S. Gerontology
- Carroll A.A. Forensic Studies to UB B.S. Forensic Science
- Carroll A.A.S. Computer Information Systems to UB B.S. Information Systems and Technology Management
- Carroll A.A.S. Computer Graphics to UB B.S. Simulation and Digital Entertainment
- Associate of Science in Engineering (ASE) transfer
- Carroll A.A. Business Administration-MIS to UMBC B.A. Business Technology Administration
- Carroll A.A.S. Computer Information Systems to UMBC B.S. Information Systems
UMUC's Completion Scholarship allows Maryland community college graduates to complete a bachelor's degree for only about $12,000.
See the UMUC-Carroll Alliance website for detailed guides for transfer to the following programs:
- Business Administration
- Communication Studies
- Digital Media and Web Technologies
- Gerontology and Aging Services
- Graphic Communication
- Legal Studies