Dual Enrollment Students

  • A Great Place to Launch a Great Future

  • Not only do we guide you on your personalized academic path every step of the way, tuition at Carroll is a fraction of the cost of most 4-year schools in Maryland. And transferring to a 4-year school is easier with your associates degree from Carroll.

    To enroll, follow the 5 steps to becoming a Carroll student.  

    1. Dual Enrollment

      Spend half the day in high school and the other half taking college classes.

      It's a great way to get a jump start on college, saving you both time and money preparing for your first college year.

      How to Enroll

      To be considered for Dual Enrollment, first schedule an appointment for a planning conference with your high school guidance counselor. You will then meet with a Carroll Admissions counselor to register for classes. You must have your dual enrollment application, signed by your parent/guardian, at the time of registration. The Admissions Office will complete this form and you will return the dual enrollment application to your high school guidance counselor for final approval.


      Dually enrolled students attending CCPS not only get a head start on college, but receive a 25% tuition discount on up to four classes.  

      $500 Jump Start Award - High school students who, while dually enrolled at Carroll, have earned a minimum of six college credits with a 3.0 GPA or higher are eligible to receive this scholarship when they pursue an Associate’s degree at Carroll. 

      Dually enrolled students are not eligible for financial aid, but are eligible to utilize the FACTS tuition payment plan, allowing payments to be made in monthly installments. 


      To be eligible for Dual Enrollment, some high school students may have to take placement tests. At the time of testing, you need to provide a completed enrollment application. Go to the Placement Testing page for more information.

      Gifted and Talented

      Gifted and Talented admission is selective. To be considered, you must be 16 years or younger, have a record of academic success and demonstrate your ability to handle college-level coursework.


      1. Complete the 7th grade.
      2. Submit the free credit enrollment application.
      3. Submit official school transcripts from previous and current schools.
      4. Show satisfactory scores on the College placement tests in English and Math. 
      5. Provide evidence of "Gifted and Talented" status. As defined by Carroll County, Gifted and Talented students score in the 96th percentile by age on one or more of the following tests: Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills, Test of Cognitive Skills, WISC III, California Achievement Test or document a composite SAT score of 1200 or above.*
      6. Provide letters of support from a school official. If you are a home-schooled student, provide a letter of support from a reliable reference who can attest to your adaptability, maturity level and ability to succeed in a college environment.
      7. Submit the Statement of Understanding signed by a parent/guardian.
      8. Meet with the Director of Admissions or a designated professional in the Admissions office to complete your first advising session with a parent/guardian for final approval.

      Prior to turning 16, you must place into college-level coursework to be approved for enrollment. Most students take the College placement tests to qualify.

      All required documents must be submitted and evaluations completed at least two weeks before starting the semester.

      *College placement test scores can be used to determine admission eligibility if 96th percentile evidence cannot be provided.

      Early Admission

      You may be able to bypass your senior year of high school and start college sooner. To qualify, you need to show a record of above-average high school academic achievement, typically defined as a "B" grade point average or better.

      To gain early admission to Carroll:

      1. Meet with a high school official in your junior year to discuss your intention to enroll at Carroll.
      2. Submit the credit enrollment application, official high school transcript, written authorization for a waiver from a high school official, and SAT/ACT scores if available. In lieu of SAT/ACT scores, College placement tests are accepted.

      Once you have been approved for early admission, follow the steps to become a Carroll student.

      Home School Students

      Get a jump on your college education at Carroll. You may attend and earn college credits toward a degree if you are at least 16 years old and meet the College's admissions criteria.

      Tuition Discount
      The Carroll County Commissioners have provided, in their Fiscal Year 2018 Budget, one-time funds to support a 25% tuition discount for Home Schooled and Private School students. 

      Carroll County Public Schools' Articulation

      If you have completed any of the following Career Connections programs/Carroll County Public Schools (CCPS) vocational programs, you may receive credit at Carroll.

      • Accounting/Financial Services
      • Administrative Assistant/Secretarial Science
      • Early Childhood Education
      • Teacher Academy of Maryland
      • Computer Technology
      • Drafting
      • Print Production

      Speak with the guidance counselors at your high school or Career & Tech Center to obtain proof of completion and an articulation form. High school grade and attendance restrictions apply. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must have completed your CCPS program within the last two years.

      View the college catalog for specific course information.


      Call the Admissions Office at  
      or email admissions@carrollcc.edu.


      (no appointment required):

      Monday – Thursday: 
      8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. 
      8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.

      Note: New students should arrive one hour prior to closing to register 

    • Carroll vs UM transfer cost