Adjunct faculty needed to teach day (D) and evening (E) or both (B) classes at Carroll Community College:
- CGR-157 Introduction to Web Design, T/TH (E)
- CGR-257-01 Advanced Web Page Design, M/W (E)
- ENGL-101 College Writing (D)
- ENGL-102 Writing About Literature (D)
- PHSC-100 General Physical Science (B)
The Division of Business and Technology is seeking adjunct instructors to teach evening classes for Spring 2023 semester:
- SUAS-200 sUAS Data Analysis (E)
- SUAS-202 sUAS Aerial Mapping and Modeling (E)
- SUAS-270 Capstone in sUAS Technology (E)
Master’s Degree in appropriate discipline generally required. (Need for advanced degree may be waived in some disciplines.) Prior teaching experience at secondary or college level preferred.
This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate: must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity: ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity: able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk: able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations and College policies; and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter indicating subject of interest, resume and unofficial transcript (Please be sure the following are visible on the unofficial transcript – your name, the institution’s name and the degree/date conferred) emailed to email@example.com
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- wear a face covering inside College facilities
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- must be available to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.