Admissions Counselor-Advisor, Traditional and Dual Enrollment Students – Part Time
This position will be placed on the College hourly salary scale, Grade 9 with a minimum starting salary of $22.21 per hour.
Pay Grade: 9 (minimum starting hourly rate is $22.21)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Admissions Counselor-Advisor (Traditional and Dual Enrollment Students) is responsible for conducting activities related to outreach and recruitment. These activities include, but are not limited to, facilitating admissions events, marketing presentations, managing events, conducting information sessions, providing outreach off-site and virtually, identifying new target populations, managing inquiries, meeting with students to facilitate class registration for new and prospective students, and coordinating dual enrollment and selective admissions applications. This position reports to the Senior Director of Enrollment Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts activities related to outreach and recruitment of credit students
- Prepares and conducts admissions sessions/presentations to help market and facilitate admissions processes for the College.
- Manages the off-site Dual Enrolment program efforts
- Meets with dual enrollment students to select and register for courses
- Develops rapport and maintains strong relationships with high school counselors to support relationships and enrollment pipeline
- May be responsible for one or more of the following depending on the annual cycle of activities:
- Facilitate financial aid and scholarship presentations, both on and off-site
- Design and facilitate new and effective events in virtual and face-to-face environments
- Facilitate registration process for special populations, as needed
- Participate in advisory boards as needed
- Organizes and facilitates a streamlined dual enrollment process for on- and off-site students
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years’ experience (three plus preferred) with advising, scheduling students for classes, and helping to explain options
- Ability to use small office equipment and computers for data entry, word processing and/or accounting purposes
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
The work is normally light work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity – Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Ability to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk – Ability to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, area high schools and related offsite locations. Direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations and College policies; and observance of traffic laws if/when driving a College vehicle.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.