Advising Outreach Specialist (Student Employee)
Under the general direction of the Advising and Transfer Center staff, the student worker will assist with support of students who are aged 25 or older.
- Work with Advising staff to develop and implement social and academic programming for students at Carroll Community College who are aged 25 or older.
- Monitor and facilitate discussion on the Carroll Facebook group dedicated to the 25 and older age group.
- Help promote existing support services for the 25 and older age group.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills and be able to work effectively with others.
- Must have good organization and planning skills.
- Must be eligible for Federal Work Study.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Possess a 2.5 or higher GPA
10-15 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Work Study only
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- Student Workers under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit prior to starting employment
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.