Assistant Fitness Specialist – Part Time
This position will be placed on the College hourly salary scale, Grade 7 with a minimum starting salary of $18.96 per hour.
Department: Health, Fitness and Exercise Science
Pay Grade: 7 (minimum starting hourly rate is $18.96)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides assistance with daily operations of the fitness center. This position reports to the Fitness Specialist.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with daily Fitness Center operations and supervision of student aides
- Provides fitness testing and support to credit and non-credit courses
- Assists authorized users of fitness center
- Performs equipment and safety inspections
- Use computers and MS Office for word processing, email and/or accounting purposes
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associate degree
- ACE or ACSM personal trainer certification
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification
- Six months of related work experience
- Knowledge of exercise science principles and safety
- Ability to monitor participants and inspect equipment in the interest of safety
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive
The work is normally a fairly active position with physical exercise. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity – Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental Acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves physical risk related to injuries that may occur during exercise in addition to everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with physical fitness and office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of College policies. Work hours may vary, typically 15-20 hours per week.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.