CET Adjunct Faculty – GED/Family Literacy
This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Department: Continuing Education and Training (CET) – Adult Education / GED
Pay Grade: Non-credit Adjunct Faculty Scale
FLSA Status: Exempt
Carroll Community College’s Adult Education program seeks knowledgeable and energetic instructor to teach GED® Preparation in person in Westminster, MD, in a Family Literacy setting. This class runs approximately 5 hours per week for 45 weeks per year, Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:15 – 11:45 AM, with staff meetings two Fridays per month for 90 minutes each. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching adult learners with a variety of academic skills in reading, writing, math, social studies, and science.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
The ideal candidate will have a background in education and experience teaching adults. Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
This position involves a light to medium level of physical effort which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e., keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of college vehicle policies when driving; and observance of College policies.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline for this position is September 19, 2023.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.