Child Care Assistant (Student Employee)
- Promote philosophy of Littlest Learners Child Development Center
- Facilitate play and oversee small group learning
- Adhere to all safety procedures outlined by Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care (MSDE OCC) Licensing
- Work collaboratively with college education faculty in promoting Lab School model in ECE classes
- Attend and participate in staff meetings when possible
- Maintain daily written plans and organized paperwork
- Learn to observe children and document growth and areas of need
- Perform other duties as assigned (including, but not limited to housekeeping, food preparation, cleanup, nap assistance and help with teacher preparation)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of either high school or college level Child Development Class or Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Must meet MSDE OCC requirements for Aide in a Preschool Child Care Center
- Must be goal oriented, responsible and consistent
- Possess willingness to learn and promote the Center philosophy of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) by including nature-based activities, arts-based learning and play experiences
- Works as a collaborative team member with Center staff, college faculty and parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and rapport with children, families, students; including skills in conflict resolution and redirection
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and assist when needed for the benefit of the Center
- Flexibility and willingness to grow and learn as a teacher
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently holds Maryland Child Care Credential Certificate or is willing to apply for the Maryland Child Care Credential Program
- Familiar with MSDE Office of Child Care Licensing Procedures
- Federal Work Study eligible
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered.
- Complete the Student Employment Application.
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed.
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30.
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.