Food Locker Associate, Part time
This position will be placed on the College hourly salary scale, Grade 5 with a minimum starting salary of $17.53 per hour.
Department: Student Engagement
Pay Grade: 5 (minimum starting hourly rate is $17.53)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will work Monday and Tuesday from 10 am to 2 pm, Wednesday and Thursday from 2 to 6 pm, and Friday from 10 am to 1 pm. The hours for the first Wednesday of the month will be from 8 am to 6 pm. Limited nights and weekends may be required throughout the year.
The Food Locker Associate is responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks associated with running the Carroll Food Locker Program. This includes staffing the Food Locker, interacting with clients, weighing donations, stocking shelves, ensuring compliance with the Carroll County Health Department. The Food Locker Associate also serves as the liaison with community partners to receive monetary and in-kind donations such as food, hygiene products, and other supplies. The Food Locker Associate reports to the Senior Director, Student Engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the Carroll Food Locker Program which includes registering clients, communicating with clients, receiving donations, stocking shelves, marketing the program, purchasing needed items, ensuring compliance with Health Department regulations, and staffing the Food Locker
- Serves as Pantry Coordinator for the Maryland Food Bank to order food, receive/weigh donations, attend necessary training, and complete necessary paperwork
- Oversee and implement the Thanksgiving Food Drive, Spring Meal giveaway, and Frosty’s Gift Program for Food Locker clients
- Serves as the liaison with community partners to solicit monetary and in-kind donations such as food, hygiene products and other supplies
- With support from the committee, manages the concession stand area of the CCC Family Fun Fest which includes soliciting donations, setting prices, preparing food, and organizing volunteers
- Oversees any volunteers completing service hours in the Food Locker
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ related experience
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other office software applications in a Windows environment (e.g., spreadsheet, database) required.
- Excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, and a friendly demeanor.
- Understanding and acceptance of people from various backgrounds, lifestyles, and abilities.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends to meet clients’ needs
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity – Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental Acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e., keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with some highly technical applications and new technology systems; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of traffic laws when/if driving a college vehicle; and observance of College policies. Work hours <29 per week, generally 15-20 hours.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.