Instructional Designer Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining
Carroll Community College is seeking an experienced Instructional Designer to lead the development of a complete and comprehensive training program in computer numerical control (CNC) machining. In this position, you will work closely with our college staff, subject matter experts and key stakeholders to lead the curation and design of a new program that offer the skills needed to meet the community’s needs and potential NIMS certification.
Master’s degree in one of the following: Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, or Instructional Technology, or completion of graduate-level certification in instructional design. One year experience working in Instructional Design and/or working in adult education preferred.
- Assist Carroll Community College’s Continuing Education and Training personnel in the application of instructional design and technology in the development of the assigned content area.
- Where needed, participate in discussions with College staff and local employers to define workplace training requirements.
- Design and develop course(s) applying current instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Engage subject matter experts and make recommendations on combining existing training modules with supplemental online and in-person/hands-on instruction.
- Provide recommendations on course delivery.
- Provide periodic reports on course development projects.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- must be available to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.