Pay Grade: 6 ($33,599 – $44,470)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will be placed on the 12-month, grade 6 College staff salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package which can be found at: Employee Benefits Guide 2021-2022
This position is grant-funded and provides administrative and program support for the Adult Education Programs. It reports to the Manager, Adult Education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as lobby receptionist for Adult Education Programs and the Multi-Service Center Building; greets and directs visitors; answers phones, takes messages; provides general information including information for GED and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) to potential students and current students.
- .Provides administrative support for area: sorts mail; checks voicemails and department email; confirms appointments and sends reminder emails; troubleshoots copier, printer, computer, and maintenance issues; contacts support departments for repairs.
- Registers students for program Information Sessions.
- Maintains database for inquiries; uses database and Excel to create reports; creates flyers, mail merges, and mailings to potential students.
- Verifies staff time sheet totals and forwards for signatures.
- Uses standard templates to create correspondence for students, staff, teachers, and community members.
- Enters student information into college data systems.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and textbooks; creates purchase orders as needed.
- Prepares class materials, supplies, and certificates for classes.
- Prepares billing information and forwards to business office.
- Uses Excel to track staff hours and budget accounts of the Adult Education grant.
- Organizes annual Adult Education Recognition Ceremony including planning, staff assignments for program, room and catering arrangements, certificates, media support, cap and gown orders, invitations, thank you notes, and presentation materials.
- Attends staff meetings. Serves on assigned committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of related experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Post-secondary education or training
- Previous experience with an Adult Education Program
- Strong written communication skills in English and Spanish
The work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safeworkplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations. Observance of College policies and of traffic laws when/if driving a college vehicle.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Carroll Community College, Human Resources, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
The deadline for applicant submission is January 28, 2022.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must:
- wear a face covering inside College facilities
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.