Student Clubs and Organizations
For information on getting connected with any of the clubs listed on this page, contact the Student Life Office (A118) at 410-386-8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Alliance provides a safe and supportive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning and straight ally students to meet and discuss sexual orientation and gender identity issues.
- American Chemical Society provides students the chance to prepare and present technical material before chemical audiences.
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) provides a variety of activities for the student body including social, recreational and cultural events.
- Carroll Book Club promotes reading and literature among students.
- CCC Gamers creates a welcoming environment for all gamers to assemble and talk about different types of games.
- CCC Student Nurses' Association provides programs and discussion forums for students interested in the health care profession.
- Ceramics Club allows students to explore the fun, creative and technical aspects of forming clay into pieces of art.
- Cru exists to provide regular opportunities to study the Bible, worship and pray in a group setting that fosters fellowship, encouragement and discussion among members.
- Drama Club creates events and opportunities for students who have a passion for the theatrical arts.
- Early Childhood Education Club (ECE) increases awareness of the importance of the early childhood period. Community outreach and professional leadership activities are emphasized for ECE college students.
- Hiking Club provides students who are enthusiastic about hiking with an opportunity to share their passion with other hikers.
- Movie Madness Club is an opportunity for students who enjoy films to watch and discuss interesting movies.
- Service-Learning Club brings together students interested in serving the community. It helps students reflect on their service and its meaning to the larger community.
- Student Education Association increases the professional development of future educators through an emphasis on community service and involvement in leadership activities.
- Soccer Club offers an opportunity for students to experience a fun, energetic, competitive sports outside the context of divisional college soccer.
- S.T.E.M. Club (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) provides opportunities for students to discuss similar interests and participate in STEM based activities within and outside the college.
- Student Government Organization (SGO) represents the student body, promotes community service and student involvement with opportunities to serve on campus committees, and help with special events.
If you are interested in joining one of these student organizations, please complete the Club Interest Form and bring it to the Student Life Office (A118).
Starting a New Club
A club or special interest organization may be formed if it coincides with the Carroll's objectives and benefits students. All clubs and organizations recognized by the Student Government Organization (SGO) must be open to all students without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, ethnic background, national origin, age, disability or religion.
To start a new club, you need the following:
- At least three members that will act as a temporary steering committee
- Written constitution
- Consenting faculty or staff adviser
Complete the Start a New Club Packet to request recognition as a new club/organization and bring it to the Student Life Office (A118).
The organization shall be officially recognized by a simple majority vote by the SGO Governance Board.
Intramural sports are held each term and are free if you are enrolled in a Carroll credit class. Sports vary each term, but include popular team sports like basketball, soccer, volleyball, softball and flag football. To participate, sign-up for intramural sports on Blackboard.
- Sign-in to Blackboard
- Go to the "My Community" tab
- Under the "Organization Catalog" heading, select the "Student Clubs and College Organizations" folder
- Enroll in the intramural of your choice