Course Abstract Details
OFFC-102, Keyboarding 2 for Computer Usage
OFFC-102, Keyboarding 2 for Computer Usage, is a self-directed online course, using web-based software instruction for microcomputers. The course focuses on proper formatting techniques in the preparation of letters, tables, memos, and reports while continuing to develop keyboarding speed and accuracy. Credit by examination is available. Prerequisite: exemption/completion of OFFC-101. Self-paced. Three credits. Three billable hours.
Course Objectives and Grading Information
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proficiency using proper keyboarding techniques, achieving at least 40 wpm for 5 minutes with 5 or fewer errors.(General Education Goal #4, Program Goal #1)
2. Correctly use proofreaders? marks, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
3. Use word processing commands necessary to complete document processing activities. (General Education Goal #4)
4. Create and format error free e-mail, business and academic reports, block-style business letters, envelopes, memos, tables, personal-business letters, modified block-style letters, and resumes. (General Education Goal #4, Program Goal #2, #3)
5. Perform research on a topic and submit an outline, draft, and final academic research report citing sources using MLA format. (General Education Goal #1, #4, Program Goal #3)
The abbreviations in parentheses represent Learning Goals which have been identified for this course and program of study: