NJCAA College Athletics Program
Learn Here. Play Here.
In 2019, Carroll launched its Lynx College Athletics Program. This exciting program continues to expand every year, adding more sports, student-athletes, coaches, staff and sponsoring support from the community.
Carroll Community College plays in the MD JUCO Division 1 Conference and the NJCAA Region 20, which is home to some of the most competitive college athletic programs in the country. Region 20 in particular has been known to foster players that go on to play at high levels of Division I, II and III competition.
College athletics at Carroll include:
Men’s & Women’s Cross Country – Division II
Men’s Golf – Division II; Women’s Golf – Division I
Men’s & Women’s Soccer – Division II
Men’s & Women’s Track & Field – Division I
Volleyball – Division II
My experience at Carroll while playing athletics was one of the greatest experiences. The time in the classroom and on the field helped me grow as a young adult. I also made lifelong friends and connections that have opened up many new doors and opportunities.
Benefits of being a Carroll Lynx:
- Spend less time on the bench and more time on the field. Start playing your very first semester here!
- In addition to merit and need-based academic scholarships, Carroll has college athletic scholarships available.
- Improve your chances of receiving an athletic scholarship from your 4-year transfer school.
- Add “Collegiate Athlete” to your résumé, demonstrating your teamwork, organizational and leadership skills to employers.
- The amount of money you save by going to Carroll for 2 years can pay for your junior year at your 4-year transfer school.
My experience at Carroll would not have been the same without the Cross Country and Track & Field teams. They made me feel welcome and became an instant group of friends for me when I was finding my footing. Even though I only knew some of my teammates for a season, I’ll never forget them.
*Carroll athletes must be full-time students with a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
Step Up Your Game
For questions about Carroll’s Athletics, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-8500.