Skip to main content

Campus Alert

Info for Visiting Students

Visiting Students Carroll Community College

During your Summer and/or Winter break, you can take classes at Carroll and transfer applicable credits back to your 4-year college or university. It’s an opportunity for you to focus on just one class for a short period of time, reducing the number of credits you need to take during the Fall or Spring semester at your 4-year school.

Steps to enroll at Carroll as a visiting student:

  1. Search for currently offered classes at Carroll, including online classes.
    • Check with your 4-year college/university to ensure they will accept the course credits for transfer. You may also consult ARTSYS to determine the credit transferability of a class within the state of Maryland.
  2. Apply to Carroll.
  3. Contact the Advising Office at Carroll | (410) 386-8435
    • An academic advisor will assist you in determining your eligibility for the classes you want to take. Schedule an appointment to discuss your options. You’ll need to provide the Advising Office with an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s). If additional info is required, your advisor will cover that during the appointment. 
  4. Register for the class(es) you want at the times you want.

Thank you for considering Carroll to help meet your higher education goals. We hope to see you on campus!

Have Questions?

Contact the Advising Office:

410-386-8435 |
Room A102 | Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.