Course Placement & Eligibility
There are many different ways that students can determine placement and where to begin. Everyone is admitted and may take classes. The first step is to determine what classes you will start with based on what you have already done. Review the steps below:
- New College Students:
- No previous college credit and a high school 3.0 unweighted grade point average or higher (valid for 5 years after high school graduation), call the Admissions office to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor and register for classes. Have your transcripts or test scores (AP, SAT, ACT if applicable) sent to Admissions beforehand or bring them with you to your appointment.
- No previous college credit and an unweighted grade point average below 3.0 may place with PARCC, SAT, or ACT scores (valid for 2 years) if you have taken them. Review the scores for placement below and schedule an appointment.
- Everyone can take the placement tests in English or Math to determine the correct classes for you to start with.
- Placement testing to determine placement in math is very common for the following reasons:
- Complete your enrollment application at least 48 hours prior to testing and set up your student account.
- Call the Admissions office at 410-386-8430 if you have any questions about the steps above and are not sure if you need placement testing.
- Call the Admissions office at 410-386-8430 to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor and register for classes.
Monday – Thursday | 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday | 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
410-386-8430 | firstname.lastname@example.org