Visiting or Non-Degree Seeking Students

  • You Can Take Carroll Classes and Transfer Applicable Credits to Your College

  • You can take Carroll classes and transfer applicable credits to your college. It's an opportunity for you to save money while accelerating your education whenever it’s convenient for you (e.g. Winter or Summer breaks).

    1. Submit the  credit enrollment application
    2. Meet with an admissions counselor who can help you determine how your classes will transfer and if you need to take any placement tests. No appointment is necessary—just bring an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) when you meet.
    3. If necessary, take  placement testing for math, reading and English. Placement tests are not required if you have completed 12 or more credits in college-level reading, writing and math classes. Exemptions require approval from the Admissions office or an Academic Advisor.
    4. Search for currently  offered classes, including online learning classes. Check  ARTSYS to determine the transferability of a class within the state of Maryland.
    5. Register for classes.

    You can also register for non-credit courses online, by mail, in person, by fax and by phone.  Learn more.


    Call the Admissions Office at  
    or email


    (no appointment required):

    Monday – Thursday: 
    8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. 
    8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.

    Note: New students should arrive one hour prior to closing to register