CET Adjunct Faculty – Millwright/Maintenance Technician
This position is placed on the non-credit adjunct faculty pay scale.
Department: Continuing Education and Training (CET) – Career and Continuing Professional Education
Pay Grade: Non-credit Adjunct Faculty Scale
FLSA Status: Exempt
Carroll Community College is currently seeking adjunct faculty to teach continuing education students/apprentices in Millwright/Maintenance Technician principals. Instruction will focus on all areas that a Millwright/Maintenance Technician could encounter on a daily basis. Subject matter includes: safety, blueprint reading, measuring instruments, basic shop equipment (hand tools, drill press, band saws, mills, lathes, etc.). Principles of welding, plumbing, pneumatics, rigging, electronics, conveyor belts, basic fabrication, bearings, metallurgy, pumps, and compressors.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience in the previously mentioned subjects, with industry recognized credentials. Strong communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills required. Teaching/instructing/mentoring experience preferred. Class schedules may vary and may include daytime and evening hours.
This position involves a light to medium level of physical effort which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e., keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of college vehicle policies when driving; and observance of College policies.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Directions to Apply:
Interested applicants must email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.