Tuition Assistance

  • Maryland Workforce Development Sequence Scholarships

    The Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship is available through the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC). It is designed to provide a maximum award of $2000 financial assistance to students enrolling in an MHEC-approved non-credit certificate program offered at a participating Maryland Community College leading to employment, licensure or job skill enhancement. 

    To apply, contact Beth Rosko Lee at or 410-386-8096.

    Scholarships are approved for the following Workforce Training Certificates:

    Certified Nursing Assistant/Geriatric Nursing Assistant Medical Assistant - Class starts March 9
    Commercial UAS (Drone) Pilot - Class starts March 8
    Medical Biller - Class starts March 8
    Dental Assistant Pharmacy Technician
    Management Development Phlebotomy Technician
    Media Production Specialist Veterinary Assistant
    Registered Behavior Technician  

    Selection Criteria

    Applicants must:

    • Be a Maryland resident or a graduate of Maryland high school.
    • Be ineligible for other financial aid (state/federal) or other aid that would cover full program cost.
    • Be a first-time applicant.
    • Be enrolled in an MHEC-approved Workforce Development Sequence related to:
      Job Preparation
      Licensure or Certification
      Job Skill Enhancement

    Workforce Development Sequence Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are contingent upon the availability of funds.

    GEER Scholarship for Drone Pilot Training

    Funds from the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) fund are available to assist students whose finances and/or employment has been impacted by COVID-19 to enter the Drone program at Carroll.

    Click here for more information and the GEER Fund Scholarship application.

    Miller: Resources for Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund

    Build your business - and we'll help pay for the training!

    To continue our support for small business during COVID-19, Miller scholarship funds may cover up to 100% of course costs for all "MSB" classes and workshops through Dec. 31, 2021 or until funds are depleted.

    See  Miller Resources for Entrepreneurs Scholarship Fund Application and email it to Beth Rosko Lee at

    Miller: Resources for Entrepreneurs Scholarship Fund Eligibility:

    • Applicant must reside in Carroll County and business entity must operate in Carroll County.
    • Applicant must have no outstanding balance with Carroll Community College.
    • Applicant may be responsible for repayment of any award for failure to attend and/or successfully complete class(s).
    • Only small business classes (signified by MSB or SBA in the course number) qualify for Miller- Resources for Entrepreneurs Scholarship funding
    • Award total may include up to a 100% of the cost, contingent on availability of funds.
    • One owner per organization in the same class.
    • Up to three classes per fiscal year, per person.

    Maryland Community College Promise Scholarships

    Maryland Community College Promise Scholarships are available for eligible individuals who are pursuing certain Workforce Training Certificates that lead to licensure or certification.

    Application requirements for non-credit applicants:
    Any applicant who plans to enroll at the College as a non-credit “Continuing Education” applicant in a sequence of non-credit courses that leads to licensure or certification must complete the  Promise Non-Credit Application online through the MDCAPS portal and meet all other requirements for consideration of the Promise award. 

    For Continuing Education applicants only, the deadline to complete the application is a rolling deadline for each academic year. Applicants should monitor the MHEC website for updates concerning the final deadline date for the academic year.  


    Tuition Assistance

    Tuition assistance may be available for eligible non-credit students. Read and fully complete the Non-Credit Tuition Assistance form and submit it with all the required documentation at least three weeks before the class start date. All decisions are contingent upon the availability of funds. For more information, contact Beth Rosko Lee at or 410-386-8096.  


    Contact Carroll County Business and Employment Resource Center at 410-386-2820 before you register for training.  

    Military Veterans

    Certain career training may be approved for Veterans Education Benefits. For more information, call Continuing Education and Training at 410-386-8100. 


    The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations. Spouses may use their MyCAA funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the MyCAA Scholarship. Students are responsible to verify eligibility of programs through MyCAA. The links below take you to the external MyCAA portal. You may have to bypass a security certificate to visit the site due to strict security settings in force by the Department of Defense. This is normal for certain military websites and is safe to access.  All information entered must match DEERS and Military ID Card.
    MyCAA Scholarship Home
    Registration Fact Sheet

    Payment Plan

    To qualify for a payment plan, your tuition and fees must total $200 or more in the same term. The payment plan requires 25% down with four monthly payments using a checking account, or a MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit card.

    • Call the Continuing Education and Training office at 410-386-8100 to sign up for your training. Instructions will be sent by email to set up the payment plan to complete the class registration process.
    • Enrollment is only available online.
    • For more information, call 410-386-8040 or email

    Pell Grant

    Medical Assistant Training is approved by the U.S. Department of Education for Pell Grant funding. Eligibility is determined through completion of the FAFSA. For more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 410-386-8437 or

    Employer Paid Non-Credit Classes

    Carroll County employers, Maryland State Government agencies, and local governments and municipalities may pay for any continuing education classes for their employees or clients by presenting a purchase order, voucher or letter of authorization for billing, or by paying by credit card or check at the time of registration. Carroll County employers are encouraged to have an In-County Tuition Agreement on file. All other entities are required to remit payment by credit card or check at the time of registration.

    Tuition Waivers

    Disability Waiver

    Individuals with total and permanent disabilities may be eligible for tuition waivers for continuing education instruction designed to lead to employment, including life skills instruction. The tuition waiver may be applied to courses listed in the Career and Professional Training section of  this schedule.

    Students must obtain a Certification for Tuition Waiver form ( available here, at the Cashier’s Office or by calling 410-386-8040) verifying total and permanent disability and receipt of disability or retirement benefits from the Social Security Administration, the Railroad Retirement Board, or from the individual’s federal retirement or pension authority. Students must register in person and submit the completed certification form. 

    Qualified students are responsible for paying all associated course fees. 

  • For more information

    Continuing Education Office

    Business Office