Transfer to Carroll

  • New Students

    View the following information to transfer credits as a new Carroll student.

  • Carroll County Public Schools' Articulation

    If you have completed any of the following Career Connections programs/Carroll County Public Schools (CCPS) vocational programs, you may receive credit at Carroll.

    • Accounting/Financial Services
    • Administrative Assistant/Secretarial Science
    • Early Childhood Education
    • Teacher Academy of Maryland
    • Computer Technology
    • Drafting
    • Print Production

    Speak with the guidance counselors at your high school or Career & Tech Center to obtain proof of completion and an articulation form. High school grade and attendance restrictions apply. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must have completed your CCPS program within the last two years.

    View the college catalog for specific course information.

    Advanced Placement Credit

    Call The College Board at 609-771-7300 or 888-225-5427 or send an email to for information about forwarding your official Advanced Placement (AP) scores to Carroll. Our code is 5797.

    For additional information and established course equivalencies, review the College policy, Credit for Prior Learning. If Carroll does not recognize AP/College Board subjects, the Records office will facilitate faculty evaluation. Contact the Records office at 410-386-8440 for assistance.

    College-level Examination Program (CLEP)

    Carroll awards credits for CLEP exam performance. Review the College policy, Credit for Prior Learning, for testing course equivalents. Contact The College Board to have official CLEP scores forwarded to Carroll at 800-257-9558 or visit the The College Board website to download a request form. Carroll Community College is a CLEP test site.

    Credit by Exam

    To earn credit via Carroll's Credit by Exam program, meet with the appropriate faculty chair and refer to college catalog for established Credit by Exam courses. Speak with faculty chairs for questions about additional test equivalencies. Half of the course tuition, which is not refundable, is required prior to testing. 

    Credit awarded by exam is not usually accepted by other colleges in transfer. CLEP (see above) is a better option if you intend to transfer.

    Credits from Other Colleges and Universities

    Forward official college/university transcripts to the Records office (A112) for evaluation. Contact your former institution about their request procedure.

    Transcripts must be opened by Carroll staff to be considered official. Only credits applicable to a Carroll program of study are posted on the Carroll transcript, and only after all official college transcripts are received.

    If we have not previously accepted the course, you will need to provide your course syllabus for faculty chairs to determine an equivalent Carroll course.

  • Transferring Back To Carroll/Reverse Transfer

    Students, who transfer prior to completing the associate degree, may transfer appropriate credits back to Carroll to complete their Carroll degree. Students in this situation must have taken at least 15 Carroll credits. If interested in completing your Carroll associate degree by reverse transfer, please send an official transcript to the Records Office and contact the Advising and Transfer Center at 410-386-8435 or at for information about reverse transfer and to complete a graduation application.