Teacher, Part Time – Littlest Learners Child Development Center
This part-time position will be placed on the College’s Auxiliary/Child Development Center, Littlest Learners pay scale, Grade 4, starting hourly rate $17.02.
Department: Child Development Center, Littlest Learners
Pay Grade: 4 – Auxiliary/Child Development Center, Littlest Learners pay scale – starting hourly rate $17.02.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for developing and implementing curriculum for preschool age children in a team environment. This position reports to the Child Development Center Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement appropriate lesson plans using Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) and MSDE guidelines
- Work as a collaborative team member with center staff, college faculty and parents
- Promote philosophy of Littlest Learners Child Development Center
- Effectively utilize resources to enrich the learning environment
- Modify lessons to individualize learning for each child and provide an inclusive environment
- Utilize a variety of curricular teaching methods including nature and arts based, as well as mandated Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) curriculum
- Adhere to all safety procedures as outlined by MSDE Office of Child Care Licensing
- Observe and evaluate children to document areas of growth and areas of need
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences
- Work collaboratively with the college Education faculty in promoting the Lab School Model in Early Childhood Education (ECE) classes
- Serve as a mentor for teaching aides and college interns
- Assist with the MSDE and NAEYC Accreditation process
- Assist Center Director with administrative tasks including; scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, and program evaluation as needed
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Maintain daily written plans and organized paperwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work:
- 90 clock hours of Early Childhood Education plus 9 hours communication
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- Associate Degree Preferred
- One year’s experience in an early childhood setting
- Must meet MSDE OCC requirements for Teacher in a Preschool Child Care Center
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
Additional Requirements to Perform Work:
- Thorough knowledge of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP)
- Currently holds a Maryland Child Care Credential Certificate or is willing to become certified
- Familiar with MSDE Office of Child Care licensing procedures
- Willingness to develop and follow a Professional Development Plan as required by MSDE and participate in continued training as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and rapport with children, families, students; including skills in conflict resolution and redirection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network with community linkages and early childhood program partners
- Ability to take initiative and assist when needed for the benefit of the center
- Computer literate and able to use small office equipment (i.e. copier, phone etc.)
- Flexibility and willingness to grow and learn as a teacher
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
This work includes sedentary, light and medium physical work which may require exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. on occasion
- Balancing, crawling, kneeling, stooping
- Hear/talk/communicate – must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity – ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Stand/sit/walk – able to move or traverse from one area to another
Child development center; constant interaction with preschool age children; dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to needs.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.