Aide, Part Time – Littlest Learners Child Development Center
This part-time position will be placed on the College’s Auxiliary/Child Development Center, Littlest Learners pay scale, Grade 1, starting hourly rate $15.00.
In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Department: Child Development Center, Littlest Learners
Pay Grade: 1 – Auxiliary/Child Dev. Ctr, Littlest Learners pay scale – starting hourly rate $15.00
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for assisting in implementing curriculum for preschool age children in a team environment. This position reports to the Child Development Center Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote philosophy of Littlest Learners Child Development Center
- Facilitate play and oversee small group learning
- Adhere to all safety procedures outlined by Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care (MSDE OCC) Licensing
- Work collaboratively with college education faculty in promoting Lab School model in ECE classes
- Attend and participate in staff meetings when possible
- Maintain daily written plans and organized paperwork
- Learn to observe children and document growth and areas of need
- Perform other duties as assigned (including, but not limited to housekeeping, food preparation, cleanup, nap assistance and help with teacher preparation)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Completion of either high school or college level Child Development Class or Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Good academic standing
- Must meet MSDE OCC requirements for Aide in a Preschool Child Care Center
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Must be goal oriented, responsible, and consistent
- Currently holds Maryland Child Care Credential Certificate or is willing to apply for the Maryland Child Care Credential Program
- Familiar with MSDE Office of Child Care Licensing Procedures
- Possess willingness to learn and promote the Center philosophy of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) by including nature-based activities, arts-based learning and play experiences
- Works as a collaborative team member with Center staff, college faculty and parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and rapport with children, families, students; including skills in conflict resolution and redirection
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and assist when needed for the benefit of the Center
- Flexibility and willingness to grow and learn as a teacher
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
The work includes sedentary, light, and medium physical work which may require exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. on occasion
- Balancing, crawling, kneeling, stooping
- Hear/talk/communicate – must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity – ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
- Stand/sit/walk – able to move or traverse from one area to another
Child development center; constant interaction with preschool age children; dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to needs.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter emailed to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.