Assistant, Information Center (Student Employee)
- Assist with daily functions of Information Center,
- Provide friendly welcome to faculty, staff, visitors and students
- Answer multi-line phone system
- Respond to in-person inquiries by giving information, directions, and occasionally accompany people to various locations on campus
- Assist as required to update information systems used by Information Desk or Facilities Department.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Keyboarding, and some knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Dependability and promptness are musts.
- Good phone manner and communication skills essential.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Professionalism interacting with customers and co-workers
- Knowledge of campus, policies and resources
- Discretionary judgment to maintain confidentiality and when using public two-way radios
- Ability to work independently
- Some flexibility with work schedule.
Shifts will vary, commonly include Mon. – Thu. 8am -12n, & 4pm-8pm; Fri. 10a-2p and Rotating Saturdays 9am-1p
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered.
- Complete the Student Employment Application.
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed.
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30.
What to Expect
Students – What to expect after applying:
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.