Boys & Girls Club Mentor (Student Employee)
- Familiarizing yourself with the mission of Boys & Girls Club of America
- Meeting children at their respective bus stops and safely escorting them back to BGCW
- Providing homework support for children
- Planning and implementing BGCW Programs & Clubs
- Assisting partners with special programs brought into the Club for the children
- Keeping the Club and all program areas neat & tidy
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Work study student
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability and flexibility to do multiple tasks throughout the day
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of all Club members/families
- Prior experience working with children preferred but not required
Monday – Friday 2:30pm – 6:00pm (at Boys and Girls Club in Westminster)
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- Student Workers under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit prior to starting employment
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.