Jobs At Carroll
Lynx Mascot Handler (Student Employee)
Student Employment - email@example.com
The Lynx Mascot Handler will escort the Lynx mascot around at athletic games and other college and community events as needed.
- Attend events on and off campus as the mascot’s handler
- Interact with audience members and attendees to get people excited
- Assist the mascot with getting into and out of the costume
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining the costume
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with the public
- Must be courteous, friendly, reliable and punctual
- Willingness to represent Carroll Community College in a positive manner
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Hours will vary from week to week. This is an on-call position that is usually only needed for an hour at a time during games and special events.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.