Lynx Mascot Performer (Student Employee)
The Lynx Mascot Performer will assume the role of the college mascot, the Lynx. The mascot will make appearances at athletic games and other college and community events as needed. All performers’ names will be kept confidential.
- Attend events on and off campus as the Lynx mascot
- Interact with audience members and attendees to get people excited
- Wear the costume for various photos and videos to market Carroll
- Clean the mascot costume after each wear and maintain costume appearance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with the public
- Must be courteous, friendly, reliable and punctual
- Willingness to represent Carroll Community College in a positive manner
- Must be comfortable working in the mascot costume
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Hours will vary from week to week. This is an on-call position that is usually only needed for an hour at a time during games and special events.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.