Social Media Content Creator (Dually Enrolled Student), Part Time
This part-time position will be placed on the College hourly rates scale, grade 2 with minimum starting salary of $15.75 per hour.
Department: Marketing and Creative Services
Pay Grade: 2 (minimum hourly rate $15.75)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position creates, uploads, and monitors social media content; executes concepts for content; explores new ways to showcase the Carroll community from a personal perspective; and plans specific, timely and valuable marketing campaigns. Helps create brand awareness; uses social media marketing tools; establishes relationships/networks of industry professionals or influencers on social media. This position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create graphics and engage daily on stories
- Create unique reels and content that provides value to the College’s target audience
- Engage in conversation with followers via social apps, be comfortable with appearing on camera, and monitor comments
- Complete tasks related to video editing and copywriting using phone applications
- Ability to apply personal experiences in Carroll Community in order to showcase a unique journey as a student or individual in the Carroll Community
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Dually enrolled at Carroll Community College and CCPS Junior or Senior high school student
- Valid Work Permit
- Experience or strong aptitude to learn social media management
- Punctual and reliable
- Self-motivated with the ability to exhibit professional behavior at all times
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and implement recommendations for improvement as directed
- Awareness in trends with the ability to engage the community
- Ability to work independently or in a group
The work is normally sedentary which requires the ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity – Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e., keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations and College policies. Work hours may vary as assigned by supervisor (generally 10 hours per week).
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume emailed to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.