Stitcher/Costume Assistant (Student Employee)
- Assistance with all costuming needs including maintaining stock, constructing costumes, fittings, making alterations, laundering, helping with inventory, and keeping costume areas clear and organized
- This position may serve as dressers for productions as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with hand and machine sewing
- Experience with taking measurements
- Knowledge of irons and steamers
- Organized with attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a great work ethic and the willingness to learn as needed
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in common construction methods
- Proficient in both hand and machine sewing
- Knowledgeable in cleaning and maintaining fabric
- This position would be brought in on an over-hire (as needed) basis.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- Student Workers under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit prior to starting employment
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect:
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.