Student Aide (Student Employee)
- Greet students and visitors.
- Staff reception desk, maintain reception area, and interact with students and visitors.
- Be friendly and courteous while interacting with students and visitors.
- Provide information regarding services provided and hours of operation.
- Become familiar with tutors’ names and schedules, as well as drop-in tutor schedules.
- Assist students in registering on WCONLINE, scheduling and/or cancelling appointments.
- Become familiar with faculty and staff, job titles and responsibilities, office location and office hours and where to find information.
- Data entry into Excel, organize session notes, and mail Session Notes to instructors.
- Answer, transfer and/or redirect phone calls as necessary.
- Weekly check of supply cabinet, noting which supplies should be reordered.
- Participate in professional development trainings and area orientations when scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Possess excellent phone and communication skills
- Demonstration of professionalism, enthusiasm, and strict confidentiality
- Be understanding and reassuring to make everyone comfortable when asking for help
- Listen and be genuinely interested in assisting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be computer and technologically savvy
- Proficient using Excel spreadsheets.
- Able to take initiative
- Flexible schedule depending upon student’s availability and needs of Academic Center.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.