Tech Tutor at Carroll Lutheran Village (Student Employee)
Meet 1:1 with residents at Carroll Lutheran Village (a retirement community in Westminster) to assist with basic computer or smart phone skills. 1:1 meetings would take place at CLV’s Wellness Center.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- General knowledge of smart phone and computer operation. Good communication skills. Patience when explaining basic skills that the student may find mundane or rudimentary.
- Work Study student.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Past experience interacting with older adults.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- Student Workers under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit prior to starting employment
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.