Technology Assistant (Student Employee)
- Troubleshoot and repair computer, laptops, tablets, printers, and other technologies.
- Assist and advise faculty and staff with technical questions and problems over the phone, in person or remotely as part of the Enterprise Service Desk.
- Assist and advise students with technical questions and problems over the phone, in person or remotely as part of the Student Help Desk.
- Provide customer support and technical assistance for various college events which may include working with outside organizations utilizing college facilities.
- Assist with printing posters, banners, and CD/DVD duplications.
- Assist with preventative maintenance in network closets throughout the college.
- Assist with technology repairs, technology setups, hardware and software installations and configurations in labs, classrooms, and offices.
- Use Microsoft 365 tools including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Use KACE ticketing software to track work and project requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have high school diploma
- Possess good communications and people skills
- Be able to handle stressful situations with patience
- Possess good time management skills and good work ethic
- Must have technology background and/or have an interest in learning new technology skills
- Be able to move at least 25 pounds
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Position starts in Summer after Spring term. Variable depending on need. May include some Saturdays and evenings.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered.
- Complete the Student Employment Application.
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed.
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30.
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.