Visitors Services Media Assistant (Student Employee)
The Historical Society of Carroll County in Westminster is searching for a Visitor’s Services Assistant with a media assistance focus to join our team starting Spring Semester 2023.
- Assisting the Outreach and Events Coordinator with social media and blog content
- Assisting with promotional materials creation such as flyers, posters, pamphlets
- Assisting with the creation of special programs and outreach initiatives as guided by the Outreach and Events Coordinator
- Greeting and assisting Society patrons and visitors
- Showing patrons and visitors the Society’s exhibit galleries and learning about the collections to help answer visitor questions
- Assisting patrons in the Society’s Bookshop
- Setting up and tearing down signage during open hours
- This position does have some limited lifting involved but not more than 10 pounds at a time
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Federal Work Study Student
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position is available Wednesday-Friday weekly but HSCC will work closely with students to establish hours that accommodates school priorities and adheres to Federal Work Study guidelines.
After appropriate work-study approvals are obtained, applicants can reach out to Catherine Lusher, HSCC Outreach and Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a brief interview.
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- Student Workers under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit prior to starting employment
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.