YouTube Content Creator (Student Employee)
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop a comprehensive YouTube content strategy aligned with brand objectives.
- Conduct keyword research to identify trending topics and optimize video titles, descriptions, and tags for maximum visibility.
- Assist in the creation of short form videos and YouTube shorts, including scripting, filming, and editing.
- Optimize videos for different platforms, ensuring compatibility and maximum reach on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and other relevant channels.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify trends and opportunities for content creation.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest YouTube trends, algorithm updates, and best practices for video optimization.
- Assist in managing the YouTube channel, including scheduling uploads, responding to comments, and analyzing performance metrics.
- Collaborate with other team members to coordinate cross-promotion initiatives and maximize exposure for our YouTube channel.
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager in tracking and analyzing video performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for digital marketing, video production, and YouTube as a platform for content creation and engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality content.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- High school diploma
- Enrolled in at least 6 billable hours
- Meet 2.0 satisfactory academic progress
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) and their respective best practices.
- Basic understanding of video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro) or willingness to learn.
7 – 10 hours per week
Directions to Apply
- Candidates must complete Carroll’s online application to be considered
- Complete the online Student Employment Application
- Indicate the department(s) for which you are applying. Only one application is needed
- Complete the FAFSA for Federal Work Study Positions
- Be registered for at least six credits with a 2.0 GPA
- Student Workers under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit prior to starting employment
- If eligible, your application will be forwarded to supervisors with open positions
- The application will be held for one year, July 1 to June 30
What to Expect
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete all federal, state and college forms. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Human Resources webpage.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms. The I-9 is submitted to your supervisor and the other forms are submitted to email@example.com
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule.
- When all forms are turned in you and your supervisor will be notified so a start date can be established.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.